Thursday, March 17, 2011

B.T. Higgins

 So, the post you've been waiting for... THE NAME!!!

It is...

Wait... Have you been waiting for it???

Probably not...

I mean, I don't go to people's blogs ten times a day when I know they're about to make a big announcement...

Why would anyone do that to me???

I thought about telling you the whole story of how we chose it BEFORE I revealed the name...

BUT...

That would be mean...

And I'm NOT mean...

I get the info out fast so you don't have to sit on the edge of your chair just waiting while I blab and blab...

I guess I'll just tell you what it is and then you can find out the story after...

Are you ready???

Are you sure???

He shall be called...

Wait... Family already knows so did they spill the beans and tell you?

Nah, they would never do that!?!?

Ok, let's try this again...

The name that Shaun and I chose for our 3rd most precious gift in the whole entire world...

Not to mention that it's our last most precious gift in the world...

IS...

Blake Tyler!!!



Ahhh! Blogging it to the entire world makes it feel so final... No going back now! Not that I want to but choosing a name is hard.

Well, actually, picking the name is easy (kinda). It's announcing it and seeing it in writing that is hard!

The story behind the name:
Rewind about two years ago to when Shaun and I were deciding on a name for Parker. We absolutely loved Blake but so many friends were using that name. We wanted something a little different so we tucked Blake away and went with Parker. Now fast forward to when I found out I was preggo with this baby. I wouldn't let myself look at girl names (and it's a good thing) so that left me to think about boy names. I still loved the name Blake and it went so well with Tyler. We always give our kids family names for middle names. In this case, Tyler is Shaun's middle name. So, Blake and daddy will share their middle names (hard for me 'cause that was my dream. Shaun wouldn't go for Blake Eileen though)! 

I'm also huge into meanings of names. Isaac means laughter... Perfect. Parker means protector... Perfect! Blake means "pale blonde one or dark"... Not perfect! Fit's Parker quite nicely (the first definition;}) but come on... Where's the excitement!? So, I continued to look around and stumbled upon this web site, momswhothink.com. It gave me about 30 different categories on how to chose a name with a good "personality." Many names were grouped into categories like- baby names for athletes, musicians, doctors, achievers, class clowns, convicts (stayed away from that one), popular kids, etc. The only one that caught my attention and I thought was worth clicking on was "Powerful baby names." Can you guess what I found? Blake AND Tyler were both on the list! THEN, that night as I was reading my Bible, my book mark that has my name and meaning on it fell out. Can you guess what my name means? Powerful! I want my kids to have meaningful names, something with value, and was feeling guilty that Blake wouldn't have that. I was even questioning our name choice. I truly believe that finding this web site and my name card were not accidents. God was meeting me at my need and showing me that this name was good! I may not share a middle name with my child but it's kinda neat to share the same meaning... Because to me, Blake means powerful... Perfect!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute name and great meaning. At least your kid's name doesn't mean "to tailor or cut"! haha

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Oh and I LOVE the new name of your blog!

Emily Burton said...

Sweet! If it makes you feel any better "Aubrey" means "elf king!"

Jess said...

love the name!!!