Thursday, March 3, 2011

Key Chains

Yesterday Shaun and I cleaned out the garage. It's amazing how fast stuff builds up. Even though I thought I got rid of a lot when we moved and only packed what we really needed, I was wrong! We have so much junk and it is definitely yard sale time! Most of the stuff that I have from when I was little is girlie and well, I didn't exactly want to go there yet. BUT I am getting more and more excited about my three boys so I figured it would be good for me to face the fact that there won't be a girl and see if there is anything that my boys could enjoy. Isaac and Parker were getting a little restless, which was making the process VERY hard, so it was a life saver when I found all my key chains. And they weren't pink!!! Perfect for boys! It was so fun for me to see them get excited about things that I used to play with! And boy were they entertained!


Exploring the box full of key chains!


One of Isaac's favorites was the pooping pig and one of Parker's was a basketball... Not even close to girlie! 

This is my small section of stuff treasures that I had ready for a pink nursery. I even found a piece of art work that I made in 4th grade that I said I would put in my little girl's room someday. No way can I get rid of this stuff... To me they are priceless and so full of sweet memories. I'll find a way to use them somehow! Even if I have to send daddy and the boys to the park just so I can play with Barbies! ;)

Ok, back to key chains... Isaac found some more favorites:)

This is what Parker does when you ask him to smile. He first squints (or even closes) his eyes and then grins as big as he can! He'll also do this when he gets crackers, yummy!

Weird picture, but funny story. Isaac hurt his finger, which happened to be his middle finger. So, to protect it he walks around with it up in the air. Shaun and I tried not to laugh too hard hoping that it wouldn't encourage him to want to start flipping everyone off!

1 comment:

BluRayn said...

LOL, that's too funny about his finger booboo, ;) He'll look back on that picture someday and laugh when he understands what it looks like. =P

In my meanderings around the 'net I've seen pictures of various families and it always strikes me when they have like 6-8 kids with either 5-6 of all boys/girls. Sometimes the youngest is opposite sex of the rest, sometimes they just have all of the same gender. And I stop and wonder..if we are lucky enough to be blessed with another child/ren, will we only ever see blue??? And I can't go there yet cuz I still want a daughter so badly. We've talked in depth about adoption and we were actively pursuing it for awhile during the almost 4 years it took to get pg with Kian, but it wasn't meant to be at that time. But I guess I've always just figured, well, if we don't have a girl we can adopt one or two. I'm adopted and my relationship with my mom is soooooo strong, and I want that with my own daughter.
But sometimes, I look at my boys, and I'm tired, and Alex has been gone for over 3 months and has another month to go, and when he gets home it'll just be for a month or so before he leaves again for another few month rotation. And I think...maybe this is all I can handle! But then I panic and freak cuz I want more kids, boy or girl, lol. But my body's not cooperating, AGAIN, and with his schedule of being home for short amounts of time....only God knows for sure what's gonna happen. I'm not getting any younger either tho so...ack! I dunno. And it doesn't help that my big boys keep asking for a sister, either!! I just tell them...umm, keep praying!!

All that rambling to say...I feel your pain! And your joy and excitement! But, I get where you're at too!!

Thank goodness for the tomboy sides of our childhood so we have stuff to pass down to our boys, huh?? :)