Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Adventure #1

So, I think I'm ready to give back my first new adventure of 2014!
 
Parker started the excitement on Monday and Isaac and Blake joined in today.
 
It was so time consuming and sudden that I didn't even have time to wash my face or change from my pj pants to my yoga pants!
 
This adventure has a name... 
 
What's it called you ask?!
 
Gastroenteritis!
 
How does it start?!
 
By hearing one of your kids say those eight horrible words...
 
"Mommy, I think I'm going to throw up!"
 
Yes, gastroenteritis is a fancy way of saying, the stomach flu!
 
 
I spent some time trying to read about this enemy that has entered our home but, it left me feeling even more sick to my stomach! Yuck!
 
 
Not exactly sure how Parker got it but he threw up 12 times on Monday. He was such a champ. The only time he really complained was in the evening when we told him he couldn't have a hotdog.
 
Yesterday we took it slow while he continued to gain his strength back!
 
And then today came...
 
At 4:30am I heard Blake crying, "Mommy, yook it. Yook in me bed!"
 
I immediately knew he had thrown up. We got him cleaned up and then Shaun had him till he left for work at 6:30.
 
I was wondering how I was going to do school with Isaac when trying to take care of a sickie and a recovering sickie but, Isaac woke up at seven vomiting.
 
While helping Isaac over the toilet I knew it was going to be a movie, bucket holding, laundry washing kind of day!
 
I cleaned up messes that I'll never wish on anyone... However, I'll spare this from being a TMI post.
 
Blake unleashed his insides about eight times before noon and then one last time before bed.
 
However, Isaac made it a complete pukefest! From seven in the morning to eight at night... He couldn't keep anything down! He was skin and bones and asked me if he was going to loose too much weight. Poor guy usually freaks out when he throws up but, by the end of the day he was so used to it that he wouldn't even tell me when he was doing it.
 
I looked back at a blog post from September 2008. I titled it "Trials of Parenthood" and stated that it was my "most draining, exhausting, and emotionally challenging day of motherhood to date." Isaac was ten months and sick. I compare that day to today and realize how trivial it was. Then, I had one kid and Shaun was home helping. Today, I had three kids and Shaun was at work! It's amazing how each "trial" makes you stronger. I'll admit, I did have two cups of coffee today. However, I accredit the success and completion of the day to my friends that were lifting the boys and me up in prayer! Knowing I had support gave me the strength to press on and quit gagging!  
 
I love my little men and it was a joy serving them today!
 
Isaac spent the entire day on the couch!

Parker on Monday. Blake wanted to take care of him, which is probably why he got sick!

And even though he's smiling and eating, he was really sick. He just wouldn't stop asking for water and crackers so I let him eat, drink, and throw up!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to have my hand in his diaper rubbing hiscock my nephews gets so hard when i sexuallytouch him and i LOVE him stroking mine