Friday, February 15, 2013

Zoo Love

Happy Valentine's Day from the smelly San Diego Zoo! I finally talked Shaun into zoo passes and since Thursdays are our only free days to go, we couldn't let Valentines get in our way. Besides, with kids, it's one of the happiest places on earth! We went once last month and the boys have been begging to go back. There is soooo much to see and do. Two trips down and we haven't even begun to see everything. Most of Isaac and Parker's questions about the animals are really deep and I love that these visits are educational and always point back to how amazing God is to have created it all! However, the monkeys kinda bring me back to reality and remind me that I have boys. "No boys, I don't know why they pee all over their hands and then wipe it all over their fur. And I'm sure they do more than just pee and play!" The girl monkeys and their "bibs" were also a hit! I guess we'll be learning about animal anatomy too!   
 
 
 
First family zoo picture

The boys love hands on animals...

...and mommy loves clean hands! Wash, wash, wash!

The hippos were about as exciting as this fake one we got to sit on.

Elephants are amazing creatures and always a hit with my boys!

Ummm... Sooo.... I didn't realize that monkeys were the trend setters these days. Faux-hawks!?!

My new favorite animal... The Okapi!

This is Blake's current pose if you ask him to smile! I don't think it can get any cheesier!

Monkeys, tigers, bears... Oh my!

And a special snake one just for Mummu cause we know how much she likes them! ;)

1 comment:

krista said...

Okapis are my favorite too :) We have had zoo passes for the last year and it has been so much fun! A good reason to get down to SD too! Last time we were there we saw a monkey peeing on another monkey. Madyson was super grossed out.