Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Recap

I love the conversations with my boys that Easter time brings. Parker told me that Jesus was in his tummy (meaning heart) and Isaac told me that he couldn't perform miracles like Jesus did because he doesn't have a beard! When I first asked them what Easter was Isaac told me it was Jesus' birthday. I guess Christmas was still fresh in his mind. I was at least thankful that he didn't say it was about the Easter bunny, candy filled eggs, or Easter baskets. In the midst of all the commercialized Easter excitment we read books about the true meaning of Easter. We also had many conversations about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins, rose again, and lives in heaven, and enjoyed our set of resurection eggs (a must have). For being such an important holiday it sure doesn't last long so we have to try our hardest to fit everything in!

We leave for Arizona tomorrow to continue celebration with my family! We saved dying Easter eggs to do with them! Maddox needs help from his cousins!

First, we started the week off with a lunch Easter egg hunt. I filled the eggs with gold fish, grapes, gummies, cheese, and sandwich and hid them in the back yard! It helped to get them ready for the real hunts that would be coming!

Easter Eve brought baskets full of Star Wars stuff! Characters for Isaac and a Darth Vader shirt and gun for Parker! Ummm... And Blake... Well.... He got to play with a bunch of empty eggs! Sorry bud!

We also had another egg hunt with some of the kids from our young marrieds Bible study class! I love the picture of Blake and Ivy... Perfect bib to be wearing that day! 

Mom (as Parker would say) and her boys!

Happy Easter!
Daddy worked Saturday through Monday so after church on Sunday we headed to the station. The boys helped me make bright, colorful cookies and carrot cake cupcakes. We decorated the big table then left the rest of the cooking to the firemen! Packing up three boys, decorations, and dessert was all I could handle! 

There were two highlight for me. 1. Watching these tough guys hide Easter eggs in giant firetruck tires while wearing these silly hats! 2. Blake had to be passed around between the guys because he was "too heavy and squirmy." They even had to sit down to hold him because they got tired! It's amazing how strong they have to be to do the kind of job they do, yet, holding a 20 pound baby for 15 minutes is exhausting! I could never do their job but, it's nothing for me to hold a 20 pound baby all day, everyday! God sure knew what he was doing when he created us. So unique and perfect for our specific jobs! The boys had the best time! Thanks Dean for helping Blake find his first Easter egg ever, thanks Harry for eating all the jelly beans that Shaun told me not to bring but I brought anyways, and thanks Shane for playing hide and go seek over and over and over and over.......   

I can't believe all these guys are mine!

Finally, Ammah and Papa came over tonight with their Easter baskets for the boys! They continued the Star Wars theme... Ammah made capes and pillow cases! We only had one Star Wars pillow case and it was a daily fight!
(And yes, Parker has a new hair cut but, is still wearing the same shirt... Washed every night of course) 

No comments: