Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools

So I wasn't feeling much for pranks this year... Aren't you happy that you don't have to figure out if I'm really pregnant, having twins, or changing Blake's name!?! I did have a few people in the facebook world thinking I convinced Shaun to try one more time for a girl! Yeah right! Even if we did try again it would be another boy... In which I would just laugh and tell God he's sooooo funny! I'm really getting the hang of this boy world anyway. I have no problem passing up those three pink aisles at Target because I'm so excited to see if there is a new Star Wars character on the shelves! Usually there isn't because we already own all of them!

I figured now was a good time to share about the trip we booked three months ago (January 1st- Starting the year out right) and will be leaving for in two months! Eek! I don't know how I've waited this long...

April 1st happens to be exactly two months 'til I turn the big 3-0! While this is a little depressing I knew there was only one place that would make it all better! Shaun and I had a little talk in Septemberish that went like this...

Me: Shaun, I finally figured out what I want for my birthday!

Shaun: Slowly turning around and rolling his eyes at me but, with absolutely no shock on his face that I would say something like this nine months before my birthday he said, "What!?"

Me: Guess!

Shaun: A new camera lens!?

Me: Oh ya, I really do need that too but, think bigger!

Shaun: Hawaii!?

Me: That took you long enough! Of course!!!!!!

So, after waiting three years and nine months, I finally get to go back! It's a decent chunk of change taking a family of five to Hawaii so I tried to tell him that it would be cheaper if we just booked one way tickets... He didn't go for that! :(

So come the end of May we will leave the California coast and head for some real beaches! Warm, crystal clear water, white sands, breath taking views... My mouth is already watering!


Kauai, Hawaii
Not sure where this is on the island but, I'm going to find it!

And by the way... My cluster map shows that someone in Hawaii reads my blog! Who are you and when can I come visit!?! I'm already planning our next trip! After Kauai, any island will do!

2 comments:

. said...

Ummmmm we will be in Hawaii too!!! Unfortunately we will be in Maui.

Anonymous said...

Ah man! I want you guys to come see the beautiful beaches of NZ!! We could use some American visitors :)

And still a little bummed you guys aren't trying for another kiddo! If anyone can handle four kids...it's you!

Ruth