Saturday, March 3, 2012

Go White Sox!

Today my little man had his first baseball game... EVER!!! I can't believe it's already begun. AND, if my nervousness only gets worse as the years go by, then I'm going to die young! My heart was pounding when it was his turn to hit. Thankfully to him it was all for fun and it didn't matter whether or not he performed well. But, I will add that he was a stud. He had two up to bats and both times he hit the ball on the first throw! He has no problem making contact. The problem came later when he was on second base and their wasn't a coach to tell him to run so he stayed put. He did show team spirit when he high fived the kid that came from first base and then passed him on his way to third! It was hilarious! He did it at third base too! When we practice at home he gets a "home run" every time so he never has to stop on a base and then look for the next hitter to help advance him to the next base! Needless to say, he loves this sport and can't wait for Monday night practice!

Getting ready to bat...

A quick picture through the fence...

Running to first base!

This picture cracks me up 'cause there are so many coaches/dads on the field. Also, when the ball is hit all the kids take off running towards it. There were several mosh pits! First year baseball is precious and oh so entertaining!

Thanks Papa Sr., Nana, and Auntie Courtney for coming to my game!

No comments: