Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Confession

I feel that I have been pretty honest with the blogging world. I don't try and make my life look easy or perfect, ‘cause it's far from it, and I probably give more information than anyone cares to know. I blog about all the little, everyday things, holidays, big things, and even the bad days. Well, I have a confession... I have been hiding something for a year now. I think about it every time I get on to post but, I just haven't been able to bring myself to be that vulnerable… to expose this little secret…


Until now…


If I want others to be real, then I need to start being real myself…


So, here it is…


Last March Shaun and I made the biggest decision of our lives! It made other big decisions in our lives seem easy. Like, where should we go to college? When should we get married? When should we have kids? When should we buy a house? Those decisions seem so small now. Let me tell you… We struggled last March! We knew that if we decided to go through with this, then there would be a lot of talk and we were afraid others would see us differently. Our pride would vanish into thin air. We would even hang our heads when people saw us in public. However, with a third baby on the way, we knew we had to do what we had to do!


Soooooo…


We fought against every desire to say no and just walk away…


Instead, we said yes…


To a…



Minivan!!!


There! I did it! Now the world knows that we are not cool anymore! We have fallen victim to the soccer mom world! Yes, go a head SUV friends! Leave me comments about how you are so much better than us and that you would never buy a van! But, first fill up your gas guzzler and see how many miles you get per gallon! And then go park really close to another car and try to have your child open the door without banging into the vehicle next to you. Then, and only then, may you leave me a comment! J



This is the only picture I have of our minivan! Love the inside... Not a fan of the outside! Parker and Blake switched seats.
The boys really do live it! One click of a button and the doors open and close (unless you lock the keys in the minivan with the five month old)! We have dvd players in the head rests and the boys can walk from the back to the front.


Ahhhhh, I think I'll sleep better tonight now that my deepest, darkest secret has been revealed! ;)

1 comment:

Kevin and Bekah said...

Welcome to the dark side. And I only have one child . . . and two 100 pound twins that we take every where. I love that the seats fold into the floor. I love that the doors slide open with the remote. I love every thing about my mini van. I still remember your post about renting one in Hawaii. I knew then you would eventually cave :)