Saturday, February 18, 2012

Half a year!

In honor of Blake turning six months I thought I would blog about his dedication at church last Sunday! Isaac was dedicated at 11 months (click here), Parker at three months (click here), and now Blake at six months! Just like I've blogged two times before... This was a time for Shaun and me to realize that we have been given another gift, a very fragile gift that needs to be handled with the greatest love and care. Sunday, in front of our whole church family, we made a promise to God that we will raise Blake with Christian discipline and instruction. Children grow in steps and stages and we acknowledge that their spiritual growth is a part of that process. Shaun and I don't believe there was anything magical about the ceremony that took place. It didn't reserve a place for Blake in heaven, that is his decision to make someday. However, we did commit to teaching Blake about God's love so that one day, by the grace of God, he will understand what it means to become a follower of Christ.

This is also the first time that Shaun has had to step forward and read. When he was done I saw that his eyes were red and he was a little choked up. This is what he read... Further, I choose this day to publicly pronounce that as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord, not just as moralistic followers of a philosophy of life, but as subversive agents of the King of Kings and Lord or Lords. That's some powerful stuff! Shaun's the head of our house and with that comes a whole lot of responsibility!

The family that was able to be with us!

Blake was talking the whole time! Here pastor is having a word with him about interrupting someone while they're trying to talk! :)

Three boys... We definitely need the support from our church family!

Love from Ammah and Papa!

I love family pictures!

I don't think I can even count how many hugs and kisses this sweet little face gets from me everyday!

Our precious and most handsome third son, Blake!

Six month stats will come after his doctor's appointment on Wednesday...

No comments: