Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ring Bearer Isaac

Oh where do I even begin? My little ring bearer sure went above and beyond the call of duty. When you think of weddings you picture mushy love and tears of joy. When you think of flower girls and ring bearers you picture puppy love and tears of laughter! My, oh my, Isaac sure came through in the "tears of laughter" department. Take a look for yourself (I can't believe I'm showing this to the world). I sent it to Shaun last night and he said, "What? Why do I have to have the weird kid?"

                    
I was just hoping he would make it down the aisle... I didn't think he would hop the whole way and then say, "boing, boing, boing" when he got to the front! Yes, I was one embarrassed mama! The pastor even told me that that was the best he'd ever seen! I'm just thankful it was such a short aisle... He was really getting going at the end. Shaun was working so I was flying solo, which meant I was the only parent there to claim this crazy kid. This video could have been better but Parker was sitting on my lap (or should I say sitting on Blake) and I had a camera in one hand and the video camera in the other. I think if I had to do this again without Shaun I would call for back up. Getting Isaac to do his job, smile for pictures, and stay clean AND Parker fed, happy, and quiet ALL while being big and prego in a nice dress and wanting video and pictures was not an easy task... Let's just say I slept really well!

As if the video didn't show enough, here are some photos I was able to get!


When Isaac started giving the "I'm done" look, I just pulled out a little bribe reward and we got...

...pictures like this...
One of our favorite people, Tammy!

...and this!
The boys with the groom, Michael! 

And then it happened again so out came more Werthers Originals and we got...

...pictures like this...

...and this!

Thankfully the bubble gun (from the bride and groom) came at the perfect time! Isaac was thrilled! 

Parker even enjoyed his time. Here he is in the toddler room before the wedding taking care of his "baby"!

And playing football with Tammy!

3 comments:

Keri Sheckler said...

Hilarious! On the bright side, he went down the aisle with a smile.

Anonymous said...

Oh Erica! That is hilarious!...but not for you I'm sure! But hey at least it's so close to Easter it seems to be the right timing for what he was doing. Must have had your hands full that day! yikes! You are a brave mama :)

Ruth

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I Laughed out loud when I saw this! Oh my gosh Erica- you have your hands full for sure!!!

xoxox