Thursday, September 2, 2010

Library, playground, and french fries

 These are just a few of the things we do when Shaun is at work! Actually, we go to the library and park all the time BUT the fast food french fries was a new thing. We had them at some friend's house the other night. I had forgotten to bring Parker his own food so I handed him a fry and it quickly became his first "big people" food. Ladies and gentlemen, my child is finally eating solid food! No more gagging! I figured I'd give him a shot at them again! Anyway, because Shaun works 48 hour shifts, the boys and I try to stay busy while he's gone (Target is our number one destination!). Our new house is super close to a community center and the boys love going. The library is a great place to teach Isaac volume control. One problem we face these days, when reading books, is that Isaac wants the characters to pop up out of the pages so he can put them in his hand and play with them! He thinks that we just need to go to the toy aisle at the store and he can buy the action figure! I think it all started when his Go Diego Go book came with a little Diego and Jaguar.  
Check out Isaac's cheeks! Yes, those are Spider-man gloves! He even sleeps in them. One time he lost one in the night so he came into our room asking us to go find it! Sorry, not on my list of things to do at 3:30 in the morning!

 
My little guys love the swings! Isaac intoduced himself to other kids as Spider-man. Parker tries so hard to do what the big boys do!


Chowing down. We stayed at the park way too long so that didn't leave much time for cooking. Chicken sandwiches and fries were quick and yummy!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I just realized you live close to me now since your pics are from the orangcrest park! Where exactly are you? I live close to King highschool