Tuesday, June 2, 2009

NOT so Happy Birthday to me!

This year I changed my birthday to June 2nd instead of June 1st. Yesterday is a day that I am trying very hard to forget! While I did have many wonderful birthday wishes and received some fantastic presents, Isaac gave me a gift that I wanted to return... The stomach flu! The poor guy was sick Saturday and Sunday so when Monday morning rolled around, I had been well exposed (I'll spare you the details). The first thing I did on my special day was vomit! This definitely wasn't morning sickness either! It kinda makes me laugh now. A day that only comes once a year and is centered completely around me... and I'm sick in bed! Isaac was still feeling down, which made it harder for me. I wanted to continue to love on him, but I couldn't even take care of myself. Of course Shaun was working the two days Isaac was sick (why does it always happen that way?) but was home just in time to take care of me! Last year on my birthday, when Shaun and I had to take turns eating at the restaurant and walking a cranky Isaac around and then rush home to put him down for a nap, I realized that my day was no longer about me. This year, once again, proved that birthdays are just another day in the life of a mom! But that's ok, I don't really want to have any more birthdays. Two years ago I decided that I was going to stay 25 years old for life!



This was how we spent most of our day...



Finally, at three o'clock Isaac felt good enough to give us his usual cheesy smile!




My parents-in-law made me a strawberry cake and brought it over. I couldn't resist a small piece. I was able to keep it down but went to bed thinking, "why did I do that?"





This is for all of you that have been asking... My sixteen week belly (even though it looks more like 20)! I admit I may be sucking in that piece of cake I had! ;)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Happy Birthday, and since it is now today, I did not miss it. Hopefully you will be feeling 100 percent again soon. Your little tummy is so cute, still looks little to me.

Have a blessed evening.

Shanalea Atchison said...

nothing is about you anymore from here on out. excpet perhaps mother's day, but even that can get interupted. sorry you had a yucky birthday, but just celebrate all week.

Isaac's Gramzie said...

The pictures are so much better with your new camera. We love them and no you don't look 20 weeks. You look just like you should!!!!!

Sarah said...

Even though you're sick you look adorable! With baby #2 your skin is more stretchy anyways... it knows exactly what to do. You look great!