Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Party Isaac


Saturday we had a little birthday celebration for Isaac. He was blessed to have all of his little friends and family together. They were definitely generous with their gifts too (our house now looks like a little toy store)! It was a Hawaiian theme party for our little surfer dude! G-Daddy even made a surfboard and turtle cake. Sadly, I have to report that Isaac wasn't quite himself. He was either in my lap with an "I'm not so sure about this" look, crying, or sleeping. I don't think he cracked one smile... That is until everyone left and he was stripped down to his diaper. He's had a runny nose for the past two weeks so his nap schedule hasn't been normal. I think he was extra tired. Poor guy! I'll admit that I've been planning his 1st birthday since the day he was born and the one thing I couldn't wait for was cake time! I'm sure this is the highlight for every child's 1st birthday - cramming the sweet frosting in their mouth and all over their face, enjoying their first sugar rush as everyone laughs and blinds them with the camera flash! Well, can you guess what Isaac was doing during dessert time? Sleeping!!! The cake is in the freezer and we're going to try again on Wednesday. I just used it as another teaching moment, things don't always go as planned so get over it!

Since there were a gazillion photos, and because they were all so cute I couldn't choose which ones to blog, you can check out Isaac's site and see them all! I will warn you though. I love every single picture and think they are all soooo different, but you will probably think I'm crazy and flip through them very fast, while wondering if I just posted the same picture over and over. You will totally see what I mean by Isaac's "I'm not so sure about this" look though!


5 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Awww.... Both my kids slept at their first birthday, they did wake up for cake though.

Paige Hinrichs said...

Poor little guy! Can't believe he's all grown up. Gotta love the designer toy store look in your living room.
: )

Paige Hinrichs said...

Oh my goodness! I just saw the Shutterfly pics! LOVE the blonde Halloween wig. : )

Sarah said...

He's ONE already?! Oh my gosh- How fast did that go? I remember having a conversation about you and Shaun talking about another baby when Issac turned one- whats the word? ;) Let's get together soon! xoxo

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Ohhhh! All my mops mommy friends! We need to have a reunion? What do you think!?!