Thursday, November 13, 2008

5 Days Old...

This doesn't even look like my Isaac... So small, so quiet, so still. Now he's so big, so loud, so constantly on the go. It's hard to believe how much he's grown and all that he's learned in one short year! I know, his birthday was yesterday and I need to move on but I can't get over what a miracle he is (I only have a short time to reflect on so that makes it easy too)! I sometimes wonder if I will be this taken by him on his 16th and 20th birthday? Experienced Moms, does it ever get old? Will I always be this in love?



3 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Yup... you're hopelessly lost. Your heart now walks around outside your body in the arms of that little man. :) I thought my love for Kaitlyn could never grow stronger than the day we first met but I love her more each day. She amazes me and I am in awe of the goodness of God. How could I deserve such a beautiful little person as my child??? :)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

He is just so precious. I wonder the same things as you. I just know one day they are not going to let me hold them and I will be very sad.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you will still be crazy in love even when he's 20! I love my girls at 22 and 20--they are two of my favorite people on the planet. Happy Birthday, Isaac!

As always, enjoy every moment, Erica. Love ya, Sue