Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Isaac's 1st Best Friend

Through the years my friendships have changed. When I was single most of my friends were too. When I was dating, I would hang out with other dating couples. After Shaun and I got married we began relationships with other married couples. Now that we have Isaac, we've realized that most of our friends also have kids. It's easy to relate to people who are experiencing the same joys and difficulties as you. When Isaac was five days old we went bowling with some friends. Well, I of course didn't bowl because I was still feeling the pain from birthing a watermelon. I just needed out though! Anyway, there was another couple there, Mike and Laura, that were expecting their first child. We got to talking and filled them in on our hospital experience and wished them good luck on theirs. A long story short... We are now friends and it is such a blessing. I was praying that I would meet someone who was at my exact stage in life. Our boys are 24 days apart and already enjoy playing together! Austin is relaxed, mellow, and such an easy baby. He loves attention and is always smiling. Isaac is a little different. He's a mini version of his daddy... Loud, crazy, and can't hold still! We used to spend our nights going to movies and staying up late. Now, as parents, we love to watch our little guys stair at fans in amazement and eat their hands and toes! Yes, friendships change over the years but each one is unique and a true gift from above!



No comments: