Friday, December 28, 2012

The Big Boys' Party

Since it's Christmas season it only seems fitting that I'm finally blogging about the boys' birthday party. Not much is done on time around here anymore! Playing catch up has become the norm these days...

Months ago these two had decided on a Mario Cart theme party. Great! There is NOTHING for that in party stores, which means I have to create this from scratch. I began pinning away on pintrest and collecting what I could from this store and that store. As the weeks before the party approached they, of course, changed their mind about what kind of a party they wanted. It went from Power Rangers to Ninja Turtles to Star Wars again. Ummmm, no way boys! You're getting a Mario and Luigi party and you're going to like it. End of story! ;)

Since it's still so nice outside in November, we thought it was finally time to try a park party. Besides the fact that we forgot the fruit salad at home and I was left to watch all three boys, decorate, and get all set up by myself, while calling a friend because I remembered a few other key props that were forgotten... All went as well as possible. I was super sad that my parents couldn't make it this year 'cause they are my trusty party helpers! I would say, "Oh well, I'll make sure they're in town next year..." However, I think we're going to take a break with these big productions for a little while... I love to plan but, I'm learning that no matter the location, it's a lot of work! And I have a hard time simplifying when I have a million ideas in my head.

Our big 3 and 5 year old!

I think I need to wear a crown more often! ;)
 

Most of our friends that came to the party!
 
 
I tried to have fun games for the kids, like...

...shoot King Boo with a nerf gun! And...

... pin the mustache on the character (20x24 pictures of Isaac dressed as Mario and Parker as Luigi)! However...

... this is all they wanted to do... Run in the open grass!
Oh well, I tried!

They enjoyed the cake though (once we rounded them up for the 20th time)!
 
~~~~~~~~

Thank you to family and friends for helping us celebrate!

No comments: