Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3 holidays in 1

This Mother's Day celebration was combined with Easter and Shaun's dad's birthday. Because we spent Easter with my family in Arizona, this was the earliest that we could all get together to celebrate with Shaun's family. AND Papa's birthday was the day after Mother's Day so we just added him to the list.

But back to Mother's Day... ;)

Shaun gave me a wonderful morning of getting ready for church all by myself. Did I mention it was wonderful!?! He was out of bed before me (shocking) and had the boys dressed and fed by the time I was done! Half the day was spent at church and the other half was spend in Orange at Papa Sr. and Nana's house. The food was yummy and the boys were great! When we got home Shaun also gave me the night off. Parker was cranky and Isaac was bouncing off the walls so I was glad to be off the hook (he was running like a mad man quoting his Star Wars books. "You can never trust a Hutt!") He bathed the boys and put them down. Because Shaun is so amazing, this is something he typically does. BUT it was nice to be told that I need to go and relax and not clean the kitchen or fold the clothes.

Thanks for my wonderful day boys! Shaun, Isaac, and Parker, I loved my gifts and I love you soooooo much! And yes, you too Blake... Seeing as how you are the only one I didn't get a break from all day!   

Most of my friends were taking their Mother's Day pictures at church, where they were all dressed up. Not us... We waited 'til the end of the day when we had change into scrubs, make up had worn off, had snotty noses from all the wind, and no one matched because it was cold and we all needed jackets. I'm blogging real life folks!
Not sure what's bigger... My belly or my chubby face! Pregnancy is not my friend! Totally worth it though 'cause holy moly I have some cute boys!

Happy birthday Papa!

Ammah knew we would be celebrating Easter with them late so she waited 'til after Easter and got everything at 75% off. Ummm.... Jackpot!? I think the boys have enough chocolate, jelly beans, and stuffed rabbits to last until next Easter!

Ammah loved her gifts!

Hugs from Nana!

The boys made this years Mother's day cards for Ammah and Nana as well as Papa's birthday card. Isaac didn't want anyone to feel left out so he insisted on making a "just because" card for Papa Sr. Parker was super interested because it was a sports card... He ended up begging Papa Sr. for some of the stickers.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

pregnancy is totally your friend! You look great!!