Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paradise?

Last weekend we spent three days in paradise... Shaun's paradise. We were surrounded by hills and mountains of dirt for miles and miles. This was obviously not my paradise because all this sand never met up with any water, there were Thorny shrubs instead of luscious green palm trees and we wore helmets and gloves instead bathing suits and flip flops... But I guess if you like smelling gas and oil and waking up and going to sleep to engines roaring, Glamis is the place for you too! Oh how Shaun and I make our marriage work is a mystery to me! ;)

I must admit that I wasn't miserable and that it makes it all worth it when I see my boys having such a great time. Isaac was probably on the quads the most. As soon as one person was done giving him a ride, he would hop down and go ask someone else to take him. We went with Shaun's family and other fireman families so he had a lot of people to beg from! Parker was quite fond of the "motors" and definitely got his fair share of rides in as well. Shaun... Well... He was like a little kid on Christmas morning...


Didn't matter which way we were turned... This was the only back drop!:)
Part of the gang heading out for a morning ride (Isaac and Parker didn't get to go on these rides)

Shaun's dream car!

Isaac was doing one of three things: Sitting/riding a bike, playing in the dirt (not pictured), or finding little red Nemo eggs in the sand (aka: little BBs)

Parker spent his time doing a variety of things: Running in the sand, being pulled in the sand, playing with the dogs in the sand, pretending to drive in the sand, and rolling around half naked (in the trailer, not the sand), while eating marshmallows!

The boys with Papa, Aunties, Uncle, and Daddy

I think Parker agreed with me... This place was just too dirty!

Isaac on the other hand put up a fight when it was time to leave.

People brought their Christmas trees for firewood! AMAZING!

And last but not least... My Super Glamis Brothers (Thanks Ammah for the shirts)!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We need a belly pic too! Not that you have much of one i'm sure! ;)

Shannon said...

I agree! Belly pic!! You are brave to brave it in that much dirt...I love the picture of Isaac sweeping it!