Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby #3: Boy or Girl...

This may look like an ordinary picture of Isaac and Parker BUT it's actually much, MUCH more than that. It's actually a picture of my three kids... One is just hidden and sealed in Isaac's hands. Yes, in Isaac's hands is a video that shows the gender of Baby Higgins #3. It is killing me... I just want to rip it open and see whether we are getting a girl or another boy, but I can't. The boys and I are in Arizona and we have to wait 'til we fly home tomorrow so we can watch it with Shaun. Even though I may be nuts by tomorrow, there is no way I would leave him out of this process.

I have so many mixed feelings. I'm obviously craving a girl BUT I won't be disappointed if it's a boy. I've been praying like crazy for God to make me content if this were to be another boy and today He did that for me. As I was leaving the ultrasound I stopped by the store. I saw a mom with two boys, a little older than mine, and in her cart was a baby carrier. As she passed me I saw that it was another boy. I almost started crying because I thought it was so cool! It made me feel guilty and selfish for wanting a girl so badly. Boy or girl, this baby will be a blessing!

Note to family: You don't need to call or text every five seconds to see if we know yet. You will be the FIRST to know and you will know SOON after we find out. I know you're ALL beyond excited but I want this to be a special "pressure free" time. ;)

6 comments:

krista said...

yay for baby #3...boy or girl! i can't wait to find out....i am guessing girl.

hope you guys have a special family time finding out what your new baby will be :)

BluRayn said...

Oh how fun!! Just remember, WHATEVER you feel once you know is OK!!! Having 3 boys myself, I can tell you honestly that I bawled like a baby for days after finding out #2 was another boy (but that was cuz I had been told multiple times he was a SHE and didn't find out otherwise til I was 8 mos along) And with #3, I was totally OK with having another boy and felt sooooo blessed that God had this planned out for our family....but I had one nite that I broke down while talking to my sister and had the 'poor me' talk cuz I wanted a girl. And I still want a daughter, that is still VERY much alive in me that I too, CRAVE, that mother daughter relationship (prolly cuz my mom and I are sooo close and I want that with my own daughter!!) but I've turned it over to God and all in His timing! I love my 3 guys!! It's so awesome seeing them all play together, even with the big age gap. We were out to lunch today, just me and the boys, and we saw 3 older guys that were brothers at a table next to us and my guys and I started talking about that'll be them someday, just going out to lunch, just the 3 of them! They're really close and love to play with each other and are each other's best friends, and I pray that that continues all their lives! :) They were even talking (and this is the 8 and 11 yr, lol) about someday their wives can do things together while they can get together and do their 'guy' things, like paintball and stuff. And how all their kids can play together. It was such a sweet moment!!! Made me look forward to the day when I have grandkids!! =P But right now, we're praying that God blesses us with more KIDS, so we've got a long ways to go before we get there.

SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

BluRayn said...

LOL, sorry I wrote a book!!!!

Marcella said...

So excited for you to find out! I KNOW you'll be excited either way. What a blessing. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are so creative in the ways u do things:) I'm excited for you all and I know how you feel! Hope to see you all sometime soon...there will be lots of introducing :)
Steven, Jessy, and boys
(I dunno how to do this other than anonymously lol)

Adriana said...

How exciting! Can't wait to find out! I'm sure all your boys are super excited!