Monday, April 5, 2010

Wild Weekend Rundown

Most people hate Mondays, but after the long, exhausting, fun filled weekends we've been having, I'm loving Mondays! Partly 'cause I don't have to work... Or at least the kind of work that you get paid to do!
Parker is napping, Isaac is entertaining himself, and the rain is falling hard outside... Perfect time to blog!
Our weekend was crazy and the boys had to nap in the car as we drove from place to place. This is not something I like to do either. I'm soooo picky about regular naps at home. Under the circumstances though, they did great. Here is our weekend in pictures. I'll just let you know there are a lot of collages. We're only five days into April and I've already taken well over 100 pictures!
Shaun decided that Isaac's hair was too long and it was time to buzz it off. Isaac didn't agree. It took a while to get him to sit down and was mad the whole time. I had to sit him on my lap and wrap the sheet around both of us. He ate a candy cane and I fed him a chocolate (sugar free) pudding.

A friend gave me these "The World Revolves Around Me" shirts and I couldn't wait to get pictures of the boys in them. They weren't really in the picture taking mood so this was the best I could do. I'll take what I can get! Thanks for the outfits Rachel!

Daddy went to work so I gave our first born his first tattoos!

Saturday morning we gave the boys their Easter baskets. We decided that the day before Easter would be all the fun, extra stuff so that Sunday could be spent celebrating the true meaning of the season... Jesus' Resurrection. I'm ok letting my boys enjoy egg hunts, candy, baskets, and bunnies, but I never want those things to be the focus.

Parker got his very own Buzz and Woody (can you believe they make them for babies?) Isaac has to ask Parker for permission if he wants to play with them.

After Easter baskets, we headed to the park for an egg hunt with all the kiddos in our young marrieds Bible study class. It was the perfect weather too.

THEN, after the park, we were off to the next event. Friends of ours, Matt and Adriana, had a party to reveal the sex of their baby (she's 19 weeks). It was so exciting when they cut into the cake and we saw the pink layer of frosting in the middle! IT'S A GIRL!!!! We love you both and are so excited for you! You're going to be great parents!

P.S. I love seeing Matt and his mini me (aka: Parker James) :)


After church on Sunday we had about an hour at home before we headed out again. What do I do when I have any spare time? PICTURES!!! You all know I take tons of pictures of the boys, but that's the problem...
I'M always the one taking them... NOT this time though. Pictures with MOMMY!

I threw this one in just for fun. Isaac is obsessed with gloves right now. Nap time and bed time... Oh yeah, he's got 'em on!

Papa was working Easter so all the Higginses met at the fire station. Ammah and Papa loved helping the boys open their 2nd Easter baskets. Nana got to hold Parker for a long nap too! Click on the collage to see the 4 generation picture! Oh, and the earthquake took on a whole new level when all the fire trucks started shaking!


I got these ears at Wal-Mart for a $1 and couldn't pass them up. You can see how thrilled Shaun was for his boys and him having to wear them! I think they're super cute!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cope Family said...

I love the pictures of Isaac with Carson and Cassidy. I want copies!!