Saturday, September 19, 2009

LA County Fair

Yesterday was Hero Day at the LA County Fair so because Shaun's a firefighter we were able to get in for a dollar. Thinking it opened at ten, we set out early. When we got to the parking lot they let us know that it didn't open 'til noon! WHAT? NOON? How do you kill that much time with a toddler and then expect them to not be cranky once you finally get in? A McDonald's playland was all we could find. After we wasted time, Isaac didn't throw us any surprises. He entered the fair tired, sweaty, and ready for a nap. I was frustrated and ready to leave after an hour. Shaun stayed calm and went and bought tickets so Isaac would be distracted by the carnival rides. It worked! He got his fill then crashed in the stroller while we walked throught the very air conditioned shopping buildings. I needed to rest my prego feet so Shaun went and got his fair craving... Deep fried avocado! I said no to the deep fried butter and went with Dip N Dots instead. When Isaac woke up he was much happier. It was a crazy day...
I also have pictures of me in the mermaid and Shaun in the shark but I think Isaac's liitle head popping through is so much cuter!



Isaac loved all the little rides. He was beyond tired so he took each boat, train, and helicopter very seriously and didn't smile much! You had to be 36 in. to ride by yourself, which Isaac isn't, but they were way too small for Shaun and me so we pretended like he was tall enough! Big boy!


The "train" (aka: tram) Isaac and I road around the parking lot while we waited for daddy to get the tickets.


The Big Red Barn with many stinky animals.


This was Isaac's favorite fair exhibit. Running, jumping, and playing follow the leader from hay stack to hay stack.


Some giant crab they had in the shark exhibit. Maybe someday we'll actually read and learn about everything. As for now we just walk and say, "WOW!"


Can you tell I went shopping!?! Some guy yelled, "She got the stroller before she even had the baby!" Today I am NOT happy with my purchases though. I THOUGHT I found 600 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton sheets for way cheap so I called my mom and she gave me her order. Well, well, well... When I opened my sheets so I could wash them, they seemed a little cheap on quality. The tag said 100% microfibre polyester! I am mad! The darn people are running a scam! Did they think I wouldn't be able to tell!? This will be fixed!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily Burton said...

Lol! I bought the egyptian cotton sheets last year too and I hated them! They were like cheap silk sheets and they slide everywhere. I didn't even look at the tags. I am going to do that. I want a down comforter this year. If you go back, you should see Andy. He works in building 9 and 14.