Monday, August 31, 2009

Four days and counting

While Shaun's away trying to put out these flames...


... I'm at home putting out this fire!


Shaun has been gone since Friday at the Station Fire. His home base is La Canada but each night receives a new assignment. The update he's giving is, "I'm dirty... I'm tired... BUT I'm having a blast!" Actually, he did get his first shower today so I guess he's just tired and having a blast now. He's trained for structure fires so it makes me feel better to know that he won't be hiking up the steep, blazing hills... I hope! The fire doubled in size last night so we have no idea when he'll be home... That's the hard part for me... The not knowing and the "hurry up and wait."

Isaac was quite the energizer bunny today. I tried for three hours to get him to nap. Well, I ended up falling asleep so maybe I could have tried a little harder. He was a happy boy that just wouldn't slow down. I finally took him swimming and on the drive home, which is only one minute, he fell asleep. I let him sleep for 45 minutes and woke him for dinner at 6:30. The next 45 minutes were not so fun. Through lots of tired tears, I quickly fed, bathed, and put him to bed. The only thing that calmed him down was holding him tight and singing Jesus Loves Me!

I'm tired and ready for bed... Good night!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: