Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything!

I haven't forgotten about you my blogging friends/readers! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy and a question for you to answer:
Is there such a thing as "The Terrible 18 Months?" I love my boy but I do not like this tantrum thing!!! It comes out of no where. One second he's happy playing ball and then BAM! Something sets him off, the feet start stomping, the fists clinch up, the vains in his neck pop out, and the shrill scream sends echoes through the air. This obviously also happens if he doesn't get his way or is frustrated! Time outs in his crib seem to be working so far.
On a happier note... If you ask Isaac where the baby is, he'll point to my belly. It's so cute! He's definitely the human version of the energizer bunny (I wish it was contagious) and I don't think an hour goes by without us laughing at him! He's at that stage where he knows all the attention is on him and he will do anything he can to keep it on him.
Isaac loves going to the park and "climbing" trees!




A true man - he loves the remote control. Push any button and the TV flashes to something else!



Shaun got a new truck and last week someone hit his back bumper and took off. HOW RUDE!!! Our neighbor saw it and let us know. We're looking for a white 4Runner!




I'm feeling so much better but it looks like my sensitivity to smells is sticking around for a while. Scentless anything is my best friend right now! Belly pictures to come soon!




At Sea World. he wanted EVERYTHING! He ended up choosing a helicopter from the Wild Arctic. Thanks Mummu!




No one was performing so Isaac hopped up on stage and gave us a show!




Poor daddy's shoulders and arms have gotten quite the work out lately! All Isaac wants to do right now is fly...




My little lover boy. He has to be as close as he can be when we read books! He is obsessed with my hair too!






Aubrey (2 1/2), Hailey (13mo), and Isaac (18mo) ~ Look at these three gorgeous pairs of blue eyes! These are Nichole's (my college roommates) girls. They came to visit from Fresno!


Yesterday we went to the pool in our housing development and look at the show we got. Ten minutes before we got there the mountain went up in flames. We watched the planes drop orange stuff (I know, I'm married to a firefighter but I don't know what that powder is called) and helicopters pick up water from the lake. The two fires merged into one.




It was a lot closer than it looks. We watched the news last night but they weren't sure how the fires started!



When I look at the picture I don't know whether to cry or laugh! Isaac and I went to Target tonight ('cause that's what we do when Shaun's at work) and I found this tricycle on sale and had to have it... I mean Isaac had to have it! I knew it was going to be a process for me to put it together so I also bought him a 99 cent Hot Wheels motorcycle that could entertain him while I worked on the bike. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! On top of me being mechanically challenged and frustrated 'cause I couldn't figure out how to put this dumb thing together, Isaac's little distraction toy was broken when we took it out of the package. I can't even put into words the trauma that my boy experienced because of this Hot Wheel. Somehow the handle bars and front wheel would not stay connected to the rest of the bike. I can't even tell you how many times I tried to tape it and then promise him that in the morning we would go back and get another one. He was trying to be so gentle with it but he's a boy, it kept coming apart. You would have thought the world was ending... He was beside himself! It only got worse when he took it in the bath tub and the tape no longer worked. I would have taken a picture of it but this is his first love and he wasn't going to part with it. He's sound to sleep right now but still has it in his hand!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I just love the picture of you guys reading together! So sweet! and props to you for the tricycle! Nice work!