Friday, September 16, 2016

Our one of a kind, Blake Tyler

This guy has had his new title as "big brother" for a while now. However, he is such a mama's boy that I still see him as my baby. Maybe that's because he was the youngest for 4 1/2 years. Blake is sensitive and forgiving. He's also quick to apologize for doing wrong. He's always been able to
go with the flow and happily plays on his own. There are times that I tell him to get in bed and I'll be right in to kiss him good night. And then because his big brothers are so demanding, I forget about him (sounds awful, I know). By the time I remember and rush to his bedside, he is fast asleep. I still hug and kiss him and whisper goodnight... And of course thank God for giving me such an easy going kid.

We call him our sloth. He just takes longer (a lot longer) to do things... Like walking, eating, getting dressed, and life in general. Blake simply enjoys every single part of being alive. Which is why he is my little romantic. His motto must be "stop and smell the roses" because he will find a flower on every walk we take. He holds it behind his back until I'm looking at him and then with the biggest and most proud grin he says, "for you mom!"

While he's the oldest and smarts in his classes (teacher's words), his emotions have gotten the best of him. He's struggled to part from us lately and we're not sure why. Hoping it's just a season he's in and that it will soon pass. In the meantime, we continue to encourage him!

We love this little guy and how he makes us slow down. We know God's got big plans for him because he's one that will be patient enough to wait on Him!

Weed or flower, it doesn't matter. I get them all from my sweet little man!

Two adorable sloths!
 

No comments: