Saturday, September 29, 2012

Michigan... Finally

It was a rough journey getting to Michigan. We left our house at 7am (on August 26th). Our flight to Phoenix was delayed a bit but, it was nothing compared to the four hour delay in Phoenix! Thankfully my family was there to help entertain. Next was the four hour flight to Michigan where we were greeted with a three hour time change! Once we got all our luggage and waited for the guys to get the three rental cars, we drove an hour and a half to Port Huron where we were staying. We finally got in at midnight, nine our time. 14 hours later... I needed a vacation from this so called vacation we were on!

We started our summer in Hawaii and were now ending it in Michigan. In Hawaii, we were non-stop... I wanted to see and do everything. Yet, it was still a wonderfully vacation. In Michigan, we stayed in the same little town the entire week and a half... And it was so relaxing. I've been to MI more times than I can count so I didn't feel like I needed to do anything. I think the boys appreciated this too. The only place they wanted to be was down on the beach or in my aunt and uncle's pool. So, they got it! This may seem like a boring vacation but, it was the perfect way to end the summer.

With friends and family there, we felt right at home! The weather was perfect and the water was great! The little waves were an added plus too! I never once worried about a big wave carrying one of my little guys away! Next year's trip is in the works but, this time we hope to add the journey to the UP. The boys weren't quite ready to make the long drive this year!  
 
 
Detroit airport

Our spots
 
Our little cottage!

The boys are sitting on the deck and two freighters are passing in the distance!
 
The water was calm, clear, and so inviting! AND, because it's a lake it's fresh water...! No sticky sand!

This collage includes some of my favorite memories for my boys! I don't think I had ever seen them release so much craziness! They were yelling at the top of their lungs at the waves, running up and down the beach, and just being boys!  
 
They were acting like best friends! I can't wait til Blake can join them in these special moments!
 

Mr. Isaac
He was a little fish! Swimming everywhere!

Mr. Parker
He overcame his fear of the water. He couldn't get enough of it!

Mr. Maddox
He enjoyed having his cousins around... It was great practice for when his little brother comes...
 
Yup, #2 is on the way! Check out the 17 week belly! My sister is due February 6th!

Mr. Blake
He ate lots of sand and I even had to stop him from putting a ladybug in his mouth!

Mummu and Iso loved having all their grand babies together!

Thank you Uncle Jim and Aunt Cathy for the Michigan shirts! They also LOVED swimming in your pool and playing with all the toys!
 
 

No comments: